Wednesday, November 26, 2014

John Dehlin

John Dehlin is getting a lot of flack for a battle he chose over a small article in a recent Ensign.  I hadn't read the article in full until tonight.  I copied it into a Word document and decided to make notes as a professor or instructor might make notes on a paper or essay you turn in for a class.  I will say this; John Dehlin was much more succinct that I was, even though I was going line by line and stopping to make notes.  I highlighted words or phrases that stood out to me, and some of those I had thoughts on, some I did not.  All in all, I agree with Dehlin that, although not explicit, the article means to imply gods authority is the same as the LDS Priesthood authority.  I feel the notes I make throughout point to and support that overall judgment by Dehlin.  I am only trying to express my feelings of frustration and exasperation that the church I grew up loving and learning from isn't willing to be forthright, upfront and honest.  Instead choosing to treat all its members as immature and incapable of college-level critical thinking, let alone open-mindedness or a number of other graceful and forgiving qualities.

Note: once you click on the google drive linke below, you need to click "Open" (Open with google docs) at the top to see my notes that I made in Microsoft Office Word.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-wjni33sDpARjFCaDVpQnpybzA&authuser=0

Doesn't seem like it works unless you request access to the google drive document.  Any ideas on how to upload a word doc with the review notes?

No comments:

Post a Comment