Saturday, December 14, 2013

What are we living for?

The more I read about politics and issues with Christianity, faith, science, our universe, greed, capitalism, ignorance and what drives people for either good or evil, one thing I am getting more and more fed up with: the power of money.  Money seems to trump all principles in the world.  I may be too cynical, but good ideas and and generally good people don't get far before either being snuffed out and silenced by someone/something with money, or becoming compromised by success (i.e., money).  I may have become so cynical that I am extremely wary about who I give my money to for charitable purposes.  If an organization is using way too much manpower with way too many offices with office furniture and standard pc's all to do a job that requires people on the ground moving food and supplies, and doctors administering a 20 cent immunization in Africa and volunteers at community locations spending time picking up supplies to deliver to a centralized location, is it any wonder why I am cynical?

Is there any hope anymore? When we even talk of hope, are we even on the same page? The disappearing middle class in America is a problem, but isn't it a reflection of what we accept in this nation as far as allowing the perfect capitalistic nature reach out and touch every single thing in our lives, infecting our worldview, how we live, act and conduct ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment